In broadcast studios, a playout system is used to play reports, announcements, music and theme music. SARA Playout can produce playlist using archive, server and local resources and by following the commands of the audio mixer or user, starts on-air playback of the playlist.
SARA Playout supports various file formats and standard audio drivers. It offers a convenient environment with different facilities such as announcements defining, preview for all resources and unlimited playlist editing at any stage of the broadcast progress. It supports different professional audio cards and hardware and provides standard audio file information.
Besides the usage of SARA Playout in radio production and broadcast studios, it can be used in TV studios as a DAW (digital audio work station) by itself. The playout user can preview all sources from archive, automation or any other server and use them for broadcast purpose.
Features and specification:
- Two independent outputs for preview and on-air
- Integration with SARA Archive
- Supporting broadcast sound formats (BWF)
- Setting allowed formats for playback
- Supporting standard drivers and Broadcast cards
- Hardware independency
- Compatible with the audio mixer to receive command
- Preview during playback
- Item management during playback
- Creating, saving and loading playlists
- Receives the playlist from SARA Workflow
- Supporting playout redundancy